Saturday, October 4, 2008

School!

Hi peeps!!
School is starting on Monday! oh noO! the worst part is daylight saving the day before school! ayaHH! I lost my prechus sleep :( Oh that reminds me to start my hw lol. hehehe. any smart people wanna volunteer? haha

But i gotta say, these holidays have been pretty refreshing and fun at the same time :)

Yesterday at Fungus we talked about reading the Bible i thinkk
well in our discussion group, i was actually surprised that not many people read the bible reguarly, and some have never actually read it at all! woah! I wonder how they survive lol.
Some people see reading the bible as a chore; but it reality, it is really beneficial. Oh sHUCKS! i just glanced at the weather forecast for monday on my taskbar. gg its 13 raining -.-

Well back to topic:
Personally, i dont see how we can grow in faith or extend our relationship with him without God's word. Like yeh if u dun read the bible, you wouldnt know what God expects of you, and what is right or wrong etc. When u go to church and stuff, the pastor guy basically takes out the verses for you and explains it. That is good; cause its like readign the bible.

But why then should WE read the bible ourselves aswell?
Firstly, cause wat the pastor says may not be extirely relevant to your life during the many situations you go through. So by readign the bible yourself, God can speak to you all the time, and entirely to you.

Yeh we were going through some discussion of why some of us didnt read the bible. I remember kimmy said if it was liek a glossy magazine, she would read it. lol. I begun to wonder if my blog was a pain to the eye? I better start putting in some pics lol. That might help ur eyes not to hurt too much.

But about the bible reading thing: I find reading the bible 'food to the soul'. For me, if i dont read the bible, something in my life seems missing. You can learn heaps of stuff from God's own word, so put some time aside, and welcome to the wonderful world of hardcore bible reading ^^

Here is a pic i found. its really funny haha



Well anyways enjoy school/uni guys! Rememebr to put god in the center of everything you do, cause he deserves more than all we can give him. God bless!

0 comments: