Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hey guys!

Today is a very special day in history because it is Easter Sunday. This morning at church, Pastor Roland spoke about the Easter story. Although I've heard it many times and am quite familiar with it, it still astounds me every single time i hear it.
Jesus endured suffering and punishment for our sins so that we wouldn't have to.
All the sin of humanity was stacked upon his shoulders when he hung upon the cross, and he endured the cup of God's wrath on our behalf.

I was sitting in my car the other night just gazing at the stars and the moon. The sheer vastness and glory of the universe is simply indescribable. How much greater and more glorious is the creator of all these things! To think that Jesus, the creator of the universe, would lay down his life to die for sinners just baffles me. That is what love is.

I felt like I touched heaven; just sitting down and talking to God. I think everybody needs to experience that on a regular basis; meeting with their maker.

To think that the tiny Earth is surrounded by the vastness of the universe; all the planets and trillions of stars, purely that humans could marvel at its splendor and give glory to God is a thought that leaves me speechless.

I'm convinced that Earth is the only planet that sustains human life. That's what the bible tells us. We might question the necessity for the almost infinite universe; star after star, galaxy after galaxy when all of humanity is confined to such a tiny place. Our God is all powerful and indeed limitless.


I pray that you would have an encounter with the true and living God.
Happy easter guys!

0 comments: