Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fasting

Heya guys! I just remembered that I wanted to fast prior the the Fungus camp! I gonna go hardcore style by fasting Facebook and computer games! I used to fast soft drinks, but I saw literally no benefits from it. Fasting facebook will allow me to spend more 'quiet time' each day, and will prepare my heart for the awesome Fungus camp!! ayyayayy! I am pretty excited i must admit lol. I reckon the purpose of fasting is to cut down on the things that separate you from God; eg, dota etc... I must say I sometimes I have put other things before God... like my computer.. forgive me Lord for my utter foolishness.

Well the reason why I reckon playing too much computer is cause it limits the time u spend with other people such as ur parents and friends. I really needa spend more time with my parents lol. They are a blessing I take for granted.....

Oh and I just wanna remind you guys about the awesome power of prayer. K here it goes... There is this kiddie called Seth in X-Site class who I reckon has a bit of a hardcore temper. Well i dun wanna go into much detail. He never seems to be happy or ever smiles. He always seems to cling onto Aunty Melinda and Uncle Mingliong ( I spelt it wrong lol...). I see them struggling to keep Seth occupied and happy for the 1.5 hours each week at sunday school. I decided I better step in.

I devoted some prayer time specially for him; to see a change in his life. I really believed that God was gonna work within him, and I trusted that I would see a breakthrough. Guess what happened next? :)

K as I saw him walk into sunday school that morning, I saw a bright smile across his face. I gave him special attention that SUnday to really share God's love with him. He behaved in a good manner for the rest of the lesson; well better than usual... At least he is improving lol.. i want to see God work in his life more. I was like" thankyou Lord!" See? Prayer is powerful. THe reason why I know it is definately the power of prayer is cause, Seth has been at sunday school for about 1 and a half years already. Each week he would behave in the same manner. But this week there was an obvious difference in his life, and it also happened to be the week I devoted a bit of my prayer for him. Remember to keep the kids in prayer as Sonja always says! WHy? cause it works!!!!

All it takes is faith and trust, then God takes over ^^ I am sure it was Gods will to make Seth a happy and cheerful kid, but we need to pray for things we want to see changed. If what you pray for doesn't come through, God either said 'wait' or simply 'no', cause he does whats best for you overall. Ask God to hold you in his hands and to do whats best for you; he will... as he always.. :)

HIGHLIFE '08!!! YEEEHAAAAA!! lol! :) I am pumped!! HEhEE!! !!God bless peeps!!!!

0 comments: